Some writing requires more than just proofreading to bring it up to PhD standard. Most PhD candidates choose thesis editing if they are worried about the standard of English they have written or simply to make sure they get the best possible result. If you have had your draft chapters returned negative feedback then use this service to bring your next draft into line with your supervisor’s expectations. Compared to proofreading, if you select the editing service around twice as much time will be spent on it. Editing does not just remove all the errors on the surface but goes deeper to make sure your arguments address the research question and meets the aims of that chapter. Useful comments are also provided with suggestions. Paragraphs are restructured where necessary and when you’ve used other sources they can be paraphrased.
My thesis editing service includes the following:
- Restructuring paragraphs and ensuring paragraph flow
- Reducing number of words where needed
- Clarifying meaning
- Style and logic
- Removing irrelevant material
- Paragraph flow and organisation
- Comments with suggestions and observations
- Paraphrasing and rewriting*1
- Track changes option used in Microsoft Word so you can see all the improvements made.
The standard editing fee is £22.50 per 1000 words.
*1 If your paper contains more than 25% matching text you will need to use my paraphrasing service especially designed to help students and researchers avoid plagiarism problems.